Help us spread the word about giving more and giving more effectively.
It’s exciting to realise that we could all multiply our impact by raising awareness about the good we can achieve by donating to the best organisations.
It turns out that by far the most common way people first hear about us is through their friends. So it could be that one of the best ways to help beyond donating is to simply talk with friends and family about effective giving.
To help with getting started, we’ve collected together some resources:
- How to approach the conversation about Giving What We Can- a summary of general tips from talking to our members
- Members’ experiences- members sharing their experiences in their own words
- Key facts and resources - a summary of the most useful facts and links
- Myths about aid and charity - addressing key concerns about aid and charity
Here are some other ways you could help:
- During December and January support the Giving What We Can pledge campaigns. More information on the 2016/17 campaign can be found here.
- Like us on Facebook
- Share our posts on social media - we're also on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Fundraise for effective charities and mention us
- Write to a local newspaper about pledging. See here for example
- Write about us on a blog
- Give a talk to your church / sunday assembly / work about effective giving. For inspiration take a look at Jonathan Courtney’s TEDx talk. We've made the slides and transcript available here.
If you’d like to discuss other ways to get involved, or you’d like any further resources, get in contact with us: firstname.lastname@example.org.