Running a group, or planning to start one? We've got all the information you need!
Running a Giving What We Can or Effective Altruism group at your university is a challenging and very rewarding experience. We also think it's one of the most effective things you can do with your time as a student.
These resources are designed to help you make the most of your group, with processes for getting started, event ideas, speaking topics, freshers fair/orientation week resources and more.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- Starter pack. The most complete and up to date guide on starting a chapter
- Slides on starting a chapter. Give a basic overview of the most important things to think about when starting a university chapter
- More useful advice on starting a university chapter. An engaging set of tips and tricks for starting a successful chapter.
- Local organiser tips. Collection of tips from organisers on how to run local meetup groups.
- Freshers Fair useful advice. Advice for how to run a successful Freshers Fair stand.
- Freshers Fair basic info. Basic information about Giving What We Can for those helping at the Freshers Fair.
- Events guide. General advice on how to run a good event. Some useful tips and tricks, including Planning, Publicity, and an events menu
- Generic feedback form. For soliciting feedback at events. Print out and distribute before the event and then collect at the end.
- Speaker guide. List of EA friendly speakers who are sometimes available to speak at university events.
- Giving Games folder. Folder containing various resources to help prepare for a Giving Game. Including:
- Template presentation. Used for giving games
- Presentations on AMF, DMI, Living Goods, SCI, GiveDirectly, Cancer Research UK
- Presentations. Miscellaneous presentations including Introductions to effective altruism and cost-effectiveness research
- Talking about GWWC. A collection of tips on how to talk about Giving What We Can with people who haven’t heard about it before
- The Effective Altruism Handbook. An edited collection of short essays on topics related to effective altruism.
- Review of Oxford group’s experience working with Raising and Giving (RAG)
- RAG charity nomination forms for AMF and SCI
- Various Giving What We Can and Effective Altruism posters and brochures. These can be used to promote events, or to decorate a Freshers Fair stand.
- Instructions on how to create a banner for your event. These banners are an excellent way to make your Freshers Fair stand noticeable.
- Various logos. Useful if you want to create your own posters or banners
- Review of Oxford group term. Includes a review of the success of various events and statistics for the best way to publicise events.
- Big Match 2013 review. Guide on how to run a Big Match event and the costs and benefits of doing so.
- High-quality Images which can be used for presentations and documents.