United States

You do not have Javascript enabled. Some elements of this website may not work correctly.

When donating to any of our four recommended charities, many US donors will be able to claim back a significant portion of their donation that would otherwise be taxed. The money that can be claimed from a tax deductible donation will enable you to be more generous than you initially thought.

How do I claim my tax deduction?

You claim a tax deduction on a charitable contribution by including it as an itemized deduction on your individual income tax return (in Schedule A of Form 1040). To do this you will need a receipt of your contribution, which will be provided by the organisation you have donated to.

You will not be able to claim a tax-deduction on your donation if you use a "standard deduction" instead of itemizing your deductions on your tax return.

More information (including Schedule A and Form 1040) can be found here.

Your contributions to the Against Malaria Foundation, Deworm the World and Project Healthy Children are all tax-deductible donations. You can claim your tax deduction by following the process outlined above.

In order to make tax-deductible contributions to Schistosomiasis Control Initiative you must donate through GiveWell (which is a US registered organisation). GiveWell will then give you a US tax receipt for your contribution. It will not charge any fees for taking a donation for the support of SCI.

How much can I claim back?

This website will calculate the amount that you can claim back from your donation.