GFI's mission is to "[develop] the roadmap for a sustainable, secure, and just protein supply." They work to "identify the most effective solutions, mobilize resources and talent, and empower partners across the food system to make alternative proteins accessible, affordable, and delicious."
- GFI conducts scientific research in food technology. They are focused on developing plant- and cell-based alternatives to animal products like meat and dairy.
- GFI conducts policy work, lobbies for fair cell-based meat regulation, and advocates for the public funding of food technology.
- GFI partners with companies and investors to support the plant- and cell-based food industry.
- GFI is committed to improving the global food industry as effectively as possible. Their stated values include acting on evidence and doing the most good they can.
- EA Funds' Animal Welfare Fund has vetted and supported GFI.
- Open Philanthropy investigated GFI and offered them a $4 million grant to support its international work — that's a huge vote of confidence.
- GFI has been one of Animal Charity Evaluators' "top charities" since 2016, the year of its founding.
For more information on The Good Food Institute, we recommend reading Animal Charity Evaluators' detailed review.