GCRI's mission is to "develop the best ways to confront humanity's gravest threats."
- GCRI researches potential threats to human civilisation, along with promising solutions.
- Their focus areas include the safety of artificial intelligence, risks from nuclear war, the aftermath of global catastrophes, cause prioritisation, and strategy.
- They have produced a number of research publications furthering the field of catastrophic risk analysis.
- They also provide advice on career advice, research directions, and other kinds of consulting related to global catastrophic risks.
- Working to protect humanity's long-term future could potentially have an enormous impact. To learn more, read 80,000 Hours' reports on nuclear security, artificial intelligence, biological risks, and global priorities research.
- There are relatively few other organisations researching ways to protect the long-term future.
- GCRI has been vetted by EA Funds and you can donate to them through the EA Fund platform (donations are tax-deductible in the UK).