What is Clean Air Task Force's mission?
CATF's mission is to "push the change in technologies and policies needed to get to a zero-emissions, high-energy planet at an affordable cost." They want to create a world in which our population can meet its energy needs without harming the environment.
What does Clean Air Task Force do?
- CATF conducts energy systems analysis to understand the best pathways to a zero-carbon energy system.
- CATF's staff lawyers work with other nonprofit organisations to litigate clean power cases in the U.S.
- CATF conducts climate outreach and education. They host symposiums, technical seminars, workshops, and expert roundtables.
Why do we recommend Clean Air Task Force?
- Founders Pledge investigated CATF and writes: "We have been consistently impressed by the quality of the research that Clean Air Task Force produces, finding it to be well-reasoned and even-handed. Their team is widely respected among the various climate experts, academics and activists that we have spoken to."
- CATF has been vetted by EA Funds and you can donate to them through the EA Funds platform.
- According to Founders Pledge, CATF has a strong track record of achieving state and federal policy change in the U.S.
To learn more about the Clean Air Task Force, we recommend reading Founders Pledge's detailed report.