ACX Grants is a grant programme overseen by Scott Alexander, the author of Astral Codex Ten.
ACX Grants is aiming to fund projects that could make the world a better place, but might not be able to catch the attention of more traditional funders. A non-exhaustive list of things it would fund include projects that:
- Help address global poverty, global health challenges, mental health issues, animal welfare issues, or global climate change.
- Move forward innovative and potentially socially beneficial technologies and ideas, even if these are very speculative.
- help understand and prepare for potentially disruptive future events, like pandemics or the advent of artificial general intelligence.
- Improve the academic, governmental, and decision-making institutions that work on these causes.
- Help do basic research, awareness-raising, or meta-level work that could eventually lead to one of the above.
For more information, please see the announcement post.
Giving What We Can does not take any fees from donors using our platform or from charities listed on our platform. We are independently funded to promote our mission of making giving effectively and significantly a cultural norm. Read more on our transparency page.