- About Us
- Why Give
- Where to Give
- How to Give
- Getting Involved
"How lovely to think that no one need wait a moment; we can start now, start slowly changing the world!"
- Anne Frank (diary entry, 1944)
If you are moved by the plight of those in the developing world and think you might do something to help, then you are already half way to making a real difference. The next step, however, is always a difficult one: to make sure that the good intentions become good deeds. When confronted with the facts about poverty and what we can do to help, it is so easy to say 'Yes, I suppose I really ought to help', and then never quite get around to it.
So, how can you begin to make a difference?
- Join Giving What We Can: If you're enthused by the idea of saving thousands of lives, then join us today by taking the Pledge to Give. By making a lifelong commitment to give 10% of your income to charity, you can help to play a major role in the fight against global poverty.
- Volunteer for Giving What We Can: Our volunteers play a central role in the growth of the charity. This can take up as much or little of your time as you can offer and can be done by getting involved with a local chapter, working on a self-contained task or taking up a central position with us.
- Help to spread the word: If you're not sure about taking the Pledge to Give but like the ideas behind Giving What We Can, then talking to others about our organization, discussing it in your blog or sharing our site and blog with others will greatly help us.
- Investigate some other programs: Alternatively, you may want to take a look at our recommended programs that also help in eliminating poverty.
However you decide to get involved, why not bookmark Giving What We Can so that you can have reports on poverty, advice on where to give and essays about the ethics of poverty at your fingertips.
To find out more or show your support, please sign up for our updates:
Latest blog posts
Why we continue to recommend the Against Malaria Foundation December 12th 2013
How to run the most effective charity in the world December 10th 2013
Search the Site
How rich am I?
You are in the richest % of the world's population - see more